Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Questions from the Peeps...

So I've had a few people ask me about my current health and why I'm going about my health journey in such a way....

I had my blood work done at a local health fair in early April...and the numbers weren't good. My cholesterol was 279 and my other numbers were not heading in a good direction. I also don't have genetics working on my side...with the passing of my mother last year from lung to brain cancer (although she was a smoker), and cancer running on that side of the family..and heart disease, obesity & diabetes running on my dad's side of the family, I feel like if I don't get a grip on it now, things are going to really head south.

Doing a blog...well...it's the best way that I know of to reach as many people as possible for support...

To Tracy...I will post a photo soon...I'm not much of a shutter bug, but I get one out there.

I have started my week off with a Crossfit workout on Monday, green smoothies and eggs for breakfast, kale salad and salmon for lunch, fajita salad for dinner....everything has been satisfying so far...I've had a 3 glasses of wine over the past 2 days, but nothing overboard. I've just been on this cheese kick....it's hard when you have the good stuff in the fridge leftover from a party.

Tomorrow, Crossfit in the morning, menu plan a bit but I am having dinner out.

Talk to ya all later....K

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I'm doing my plan too. Maybe next week I'll start the exercise routine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post name!! Wish I would have come up with that one being a personal chef and all. Do we know each other? What plan are you using and what kind of exercise regime do you see working for you?

    ReplyDelete