Saturday, August 13, 2011

Old Habits, LIVE hard!!!!

What a week. I've managed to start the week off great....then....uugghh.....I'm such a fan of the cheese food group. It's my snack of choice after working at night. Just like some of my clients I've cleared pantries for, I have a hard time throwing away items that I've spent my hard earned money for. I have to change my way of thinking that even consuming it is a waste towards my goals...and my ass. Just dairy in general...I can tell the difference in the way I sleep (it's always when the husband complains that I snore) and the way I feel in the morning. It just isn't good on my digestion. If anyone has a great snack substitute for cheese, let me know....

I had two hard workouts this week....felt pretty damn sore, but good at the same time. I also hiked and walked my baby (my doggie, Indie), 3 times this week. She needs exercise as much as I do so we help each other out.

Had a wonderful dinner at The Pullman on Wednesday to send my co-worker Erin off to climb Kilamanjaro. We all ate well....ate oysters, stuffed zucchini blossoms (my fav), burrata (there's that cheese again!!), lobster beignets (this is getting fucken embarrassing), Olathe Corn Bisque, and Pan Roasted Opah....ending with dessert, had about 4-5 bites and felt like I was hungover the next day....I only had 2 glasses of wine, but with everything else..oy vey!!

So...how to proceed from here. I am going to menu plan today around the great produce I get from Peach Valley CSA (www.peachvalleycsa.com). My body at this point is craving some veggies!! I feel the need to "clean house" and by looking around, I mean that figuratively and literally!!!

Chat with ya later!!!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment